Vahli Dikri Yojana’ launched to save Gujarat’s daughters. The state in the budget on Tuesday allocated Rs 133 crore for the scheme, under which Rs 1 lakh will be provided to first and second daughters of a family on attaining 18 years of age, for their wedding or higher education. The DyCM told the state assembly house that the scheme, the first-ofits-kind by the Gujarat government, will help prevent female foeticide, promote education of girls, and provide a substantial sum to fund the the higher education and weddings of girls.
Gujarat Vahli Dikri Yojana Form, Eligibility And Benefits
Sociologist Gaurang Jani said that government giving cash incentives for education of girls was good, but giving Rs 1 lakh for weddings at 18 years would incentivize parents to marry off their daughters, rather than allowing them to pursue a college education.
Gujarat Vahli Dikri Yojana In Gujarati [Official Image]
Gujarat Vahli Dikri Yojana In Gujarati
Gujarat Vahali Dikri Yojana Eligibility
1.Only Permanent Residents of Gujarat are Eligible
- This Scheme is valid for First Three Girl Childs Per Family
- Annual Income of the family must not exceed Rs. 2 Lakhs
Gujarat Vahli Dikri Yojana Form (અરજીફોર્મ): View / Download Form
Gujarat Vahli Dikri Yojana Sogandhnamu/Affidevit: View / Download સોગંદનામું (એફીડેવીટ)
Gujarat Vahli Dikri Yojana Benefits
- Once the Girl Child Enters Class 1, Financial Assistance of Rs. 4000 Will be Given
- After Entering Class 9 the Girl child gets financial assistance of Rs. 6000
- 3.Upon Attaining age of 18 years, the State Government will transfer Rs. 1 Lakh to the beneficiary for Higher Education & Marriage.
New Changes In Gujarat Vahli Dikri Yojana